Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
> Michel Dänzer wrote:
>> On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 04:32 -0500, Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
>>
>>> commit 09e4df2c65c1bca0d04c6ffd076ea7808e61c4ae causes the lockup..  If
>>> I'm reading the git log properly this is right after the merge from
>>> vbo-0.2.  However, commit 47d463e954efcd15d20ab2c96a455aa16ddffdcc also
>>> causes the lockup, and this is right before the merge from vbo-0.2.
>>>
>> No, that's still on vbo-0.2. The last commit on master before the merge
>> is 325196f548f8e46aa8fcc7b030e81ba939e7f6b7. I really recommend gitk. :)
>>

> Sorry about that.  I turned back to the log after browsing through gitk
> last night well past after I should have been asleep :-)
>
> Anyway, you're suspicion was correct, this problem did not exist prior
> to the merge of the vbo-0.2 branch, but did start immediately after the
> merge.
>
> Does this need to be narrowed down further on the vbo-0.2 branch?

You can try, but that branch was a wholesale replacement of some
existing functionality, so you may just end up at the commit where
things switched over.  It may be better than that, so possibly worth trying.

It may make sense to try and narrow things down in the driver to a
certain operation or set of operations, ie the commit history may be too
coarse and you just have to attack the bug from first principles.

Keith