On Mon, 19 May 2008 18:55:46 +0200
Thomas Hellström <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yes this is a way to do the actual implementation.
> But we will always have situations where writing to swap may fail.
> Systems without swap, systems low on swap, and systems without enough
> physical memory to manage the swap area.
>
> We can try to reserve all the swap we need for graphics and be rude to
> other system resources, but I think the best approach is simply to
> allocate what we need at suspend - prepare time. If we're out of
> swap-space we need to cancel suspend.

I think there is a lack in kernel interface we should have a way
to tell the kernel okay we will need 1Go (of whatever storage and
we can use temporary small buffer to evict memory to this storage)
to suspend then it's up to the kernel to either find this Go or to
fail and abord suspend. We likely are the only device writter
needing so much memory so obviously we should talk to kernel
side as they should have ask us what is needed for proper video
suspend.

Cheers,
Jerome Glisse