> If this was a test of just two memory manager implementations, the
> benchmarks would speak for themselves.  However, there are at least two
> driver changes I caught on first review of gallium-i915-current's
> i915simple (which I assume is what you were testing, given that the last
> tests I've heard from you guys were using that) that would have an
> impact on performance:

As far as I know the gallium driver isn't involved in these tests --
this is a comparison between the original i915tex and newer versions
of the driver.

i915simple is missing support for tiling at this stage (private
backbuffers) so any performance results on that driver are unlikely to
be meaningful yet.

Keith