Hi!

I'm currently building a non-glx application (similar to "ttmtest"), but
using DRI2. I suspect that there will be more such apps in the future.
XvMC- and EGL systems are likely users.

The problem with creating a HW context is that the X server needs to do
it, and from a brief reading of the code it doesn't seem like DRI2 has a
way to do this without involving GLX structures.

So my question is, should HW context creation functionality be added to
DRI2 for non-GLX clients, or should we just open up HW context creation
for authenticated users (perhaps using driver-specific IOCTLS)?

/Thomas