On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 16:08:18 -0700
Jesse Barnes <jbar...@virtuousgeek.org> wrote:

> >     return ret;
>
> I definitely like the idea of caching the LVDS EDID, but rather than
> adding it to the intel_output struct I'd rather see it stored with the
> rest of the LVDS stuff in i915_private (though that stuff should be
> pulled out into an output private at some point).  We could also just
> open code the intel_ddc_get_modes stuff in intel_lvds_init, getting
> the EDID just once, storing the property once, and adding the mode
> list once.  intel_lvds_get_modes would need to be fixed too...

that gets a bit messy though, esp if other output types decide to also
want to cache. Remember that some of this code gets called from DRM or
even userland, so the edid will end up being stored in a generic
structure....

--
Arjan van de Ven        Intel Open Source Technology Centre
visit http://www.lesswatts.org