>> > If you mean rendering to pixmaps isn't widely supported, that should be
>> > getting better with DRI2.
>>
>> I hope so. Although even with DRI2, I think my Intel drivers have broken
>> pixmap rendering at the moment (although it could be Qt which is doing
>> something strange).
>
>What's your test? mesa/progs/xdemos/glxgears_pixmap seems to work fine
>here with intel and radeon.

I was testing with just Qt API, but I've also checked that
mesa/progs/xdemos/glxpixmap also fails with BadDrawable errors if
you change it to use a direct rendering context:

- ctx = glXCreateContext( dpy, visinfo, NULL, False );
+ ctx = glXCreateContext( dpy, visinfo, NULL, True );

However, after your suggestion, I also tried glxgears_pixmap
which seems to work fine with a direct rendering context. I
can only assume this is because it uses the FBConfig APIs
rather than the older glX APIs (which Qt also uses)?

Cheers,

Tom