On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 02:04:01PM +0800, Donnie Fang wrote:
> Hi Jerome,
>        The field busy_placement in struct ttm_placement hasn't been used
> yet. what is this field exact usage? Do you mean TTM core can reference this
> field when do bo evict? But i can't find out any clue about this.

This field purpose was explain in a mail on dri-devel. It's used
when we need to evict buffer to allow driver to choose alternates
placements order in this case. For instance:
placement= 1 vram, 2 gtt
busy_placement=1 gtt, 2 vram

If there is not enough place in vram or gtt, ttm will start evicting
bo from gtt and put the bo their, if after evicting from gtt it still
hasn't enough place it will evict from vram (2 in busy_placement) and
try there.

Cheers,
Jerome