2010/2/8 Alex Deucher <alexdeuc...@gmail.com>:
> Does AGP work at all on ia64?  I know on some alphas there were cache
> coherency issues or something like that that more or less prevented
> AGP from be usable at all.  It was mostly there to accommodate AGP
> form factor cards.

I would say that AGP works on ia64, or at least it used to ;-)

Indeed, ATI proprietary fglrx driver was running nicely, but was
limited to XFree86 4.1.x (there was a check of the XFree86 version at
runtime). This was during the kernel 2.4 era.

And NVIDIA proprietary driver was running fine during the kernel
2.4/early 2.6 era (I remember having used it with kernel 2.6.10).

At that time, the zx1 driver was already there. And except from
API/ABI adjustments, I don't think it has been massively rewritten
since then. That's why I tend to think that the GPU lockup probably
resides somewhere else.

Looking again at the lspci -vv output, I can read "GART64-" and
"64bit-" in this line:

Capabilities: [58] AGP version 2.0
HTrans- 64bit-
FW+ AGP3- Rate=x1,x2,x4

Are these capabilities related to 64-bit architectures or not at all?
If related, should we read GART64+ and 64bit+ on ia64 systems?

Émeric