This weekend I finally got some time to sit down with kms pm, and I
created a new patch set (against drm-radeon-testing).  For those that
want to play with the i2c stuff for thermal chips, you'll probably
grab my recent i2c patches as well.  You can grab my latest pm patches
here:
http://people.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/pm2/

So far I haven't seen any corruption when changing power modes.

What the patches do:
- implement gui idle irq support
- only change clocks when the engine is idle
- add support for turning down the number of active simds in lower
power modes (r6xx+)
- add a pm_fini function
- move set/get power state logic into asic specific callbacks.
Different strategies for handling
different power tables formats.

Things left to do:
- reset clocks to default on module unload (in pm_fini function)
- add request module support for hwmon i2c thermal chip drivers
- add hwmon support for internal thermal/fan support used on some
r6xx/r7xx boards
- add more robust power state selection
- tie power state selection into external events (manual power mode
selection, AC/DC state, etc.)
- hook up memory reclocking
- hook up pcie lane setting
- hook up voltage setting