I have a couple basic questions concerning the Digi International staging/dgap driver about how I might be able to help clean it up more.

1. This driver has/had a built-in tracing system that during driver and board development that I'm sure was useful to Digi International at the time. Since this driver and board are basically mature, (at least by Digi's standards), can I assume that this code should be removed.

2. When finally getting to the point of running the whole source and include file though checkpatch, should I go in small steps fixing specific checkpatch problem types such as returns, white space, 80 char limits, etc, by individual patches? Or would a one shot patch fixing all that checkpatch finds be OK?

Thanks
mark