On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 03:21:14PM +0000, Marciniszyn, Mike wrote:
> > > The longest quiet timeout is now 6s.  Extend the driver wait.
> >
> > To what?  And why?  What does this fix?
> >

> The driver wasn't following the our internal specification: 6 seconds.
>
> The patch corrects that issue.

Does that mean the patch fixes something which is visible to the user?
A better description would be:

We added XXX long timeout so now the longest timeout is 6 seconds in our
spec.  It shouldn't affect most users but something something prevents
a hang.

I had all the same issues that Greg did with these patch descriptions so
it was predictable that he was going to complain.

regards,
dan carpenter