Hi Justin, I agree, and in the other email I just sent I mentioned I may make the default behavior to NOT free objects for you. This makes a lot more sense when object memory is allocated and managed with libdrizzle, once you start using your own memory (especially stack-allocated), this makes hardly any sense.
There is still some use cases where this is extremely valuable (like in some language bindings) so it will be there to turn on if you want it. Thanks for the feedback! -Eric On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 12:42:37PM -0700, Justin Swanhart wrote: > Hi, > > The result set reuse issue with the double free seems very non-obvious. I > admit that I'd probably be frustratingly confused and would believe that > I'd done something wrong in my own code by freeing something I should not > have. In reality, the problem is that I didn't free something which > needed to be freed, which feels counter-intuitive. I also think that doing > things the same way 10 out of 10 times is more intuitive than having an > exception case which is only there for convenience and can cause > confusion. > > --Justin _______________________________________________ Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~drizzle-discuss Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~drizzle-discuss More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

