Yah, that's about what I've gotten out of the proposal.

I see that it narrowly got approved, "with strong reservations" from
most of the voting members.

But still, what does it mean?

Is it a standardization of the assert(..) retract(..) and
modify(..) actions of working with facts within a working memory?

Or is it even higher-level of loadRule(..) types of things?

I just don't have enough details to really decide.  Chances are, once
the spec is released, I'll try to conform, unless it's a brain-dead JSR,
like the EJB spec. ;)

(yes, I'm a tad punchy and will probably start a flame war with
that, but...)

        -bob