> I think that it is a mistake to fix the time unit to milliseconds.
> The having an external method of setting the time removes the limitations
> of the processor speed.

I'm not certain that I follow.
Plus, I've actually opted for only 1-second granularity.  Good enough
for government work?

> This simple notion of time does not have a way to express a timeout.

I'm just intending this to be one of many notions of time.  Do you think
that this simple <duration> thought requires a timeout also?  If so,
couldja cobble up a quick'n'dirty use case so I can have an example
to ponder?

> However the idea of being able to express a range of times for the action
> is interesting.

I think it'd simplify rule maintenance.  You can have day-shift and
night-shift rule sets, with fact objects carrying over between them,
without having to externally frob the rule sets.

> I have not been able to find a clear explaination of temporal rule syntax.
> But, I can offer the this list of references from the ACM Digital library.

I'm an ACM member, so I'll feed the query in, and pull down the docs to read.
Thanks for the pointers.

> None these articles speak in clear terms about what is needed to express
> a wide range of temporal rules.

Right now, I think I'm counting on folks generating some use cases which
I can then model.  Rules just don't seem that exhaustively documented.
The basic algorithms underneath, sure, but the actual feature sets of
robus implementations seems to be nothing anyone wants to write about.

        -bob