Hi droolers,

I'm going to have a crack at a semantic module for drools to allow it to
process RDF data. I'm going to have to do a fair bit of experimentation, but
my starting points are going to be :

* RDF Schema containing drools-appropriate terms (hopefully I can use an
existing vocabulary for most, if not all of this)

* Jena (RDF API) / drools bridge (simple object wrappers)

playing with this should inform design decisions, so I can go on to a more
direct

* ARP (RDF parser) -> drools

aiming towards input/output from drools in RDF, and manipulation of drools'
wm based on RDF declarations.

I would like to get this set up in such a way that to incorporate any
extensions to drools (such as Bob's proposed workflow engine) would simply
be a matter of adding terms to the RDF Schema.

I have two use cases in mind:

* to neatly integrate drools into the application I'm working on (which is
based on a generalized graph with RDF as a 'view', and I'm thinking the
semantic module would interact with that view). If I can integrate with
this, then it should be straightforward to integrate with any RDF system.

* to create a simple command-line utility which will read RDF, run the
engine on it and spit out the conclusions in RDF

Timescale : I've got quite a lot of other work on at the moment, so probably
talking about a month.

I've only just encountered drools (not even got Maven working properly yet)
so any suggestions/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Danny.

---
Danny Ayers