Hi Bob,

Hope all is well.

Quick question - where's the package fr.dyade.jdring from?

I've finally got chance to started looking at drools+rdf, and it's come
about in quite a nice way, because it's driven by a real application need.

I've just started have a proper look at my app's vocabulary stuff, and
basically I need a way of maintain sets of terms which (loosely) correspond
to RDF resources and properties. From the RDF point of view, these terms are
classes/instances taken from RDF Schema which define the characteristics and
constraints of the terms. So one thing I need is a way of checking that
terms obey their constraints - enter drools. I also need a way of picking
out terms in a query kind of way, which I think will also be a task for
drools.

It's a bit confusing, because RDF(S) uses OO-like ideas such as subclass,
but the semantics aren't the same as OO.

I have been using the Jena RDF toolkit/API, which is very nice but because
my app can't be completely tied to the RDF model, I'm having to look at
these things as if Jena didn't exist. So today's task (I think) will be
creating a set of Java classes that correspond to aspects of RDF, and trying
to express the constraints in a drools-friendly fashion - which I suppose
will end up as a semantic module. If and when I've got this sorted, I'll
have a look at a drools+RDF module <-> Jena bridging.

Cheers,
Danny.

---
Danny Ayers