On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 01:47:10PM +0000, Johan Ribenfors wrote:
> This compiled and ran fine - but didn't solve the problem.  The server
> (OpenSSH) would still drop the occasional connection and dropbear wouldn't
> notice.  I might be using it incorrectly, (I hope I am) but don't think so.
> Just to make it difficult, when testing dropping the connection on the server
> -
> with -A or -I - dropbear _always_ notices.

Have you set any ClientAliveInterval or TCPKeepAlive options
on the server? I wonder if the server sometimes might not
have noticed that the  client connection has gone away so
will keep the listening port in use, so even reconnecting
won't help as it won't be able to bind to that port. I may
be misunderstanding some of the problem though.

Cheers,
Matt