Does dropbear support tunnelling? I can't find any references for it, but
may be searching for the wrong keywords. "tunnel" exists only once in the
source tree, for example.

My expectation is that it does not support it, but would like to confirm.

I'm asking because, when I tried to set up a tunnel it did not work.  Here
is what failed:

I tried to set up the tunnel on my client like this:

    ssh -p 1018 -v -v -v -L 63333:localhost:5433 ad...@example.com

and tried to connect through it with this (also on the client):

    psql -h localhost -p 63333

the initial connection gives this output:

    debug1: Connection to port 63333 forwarding to localhost port 5433
requested.
    debug2: fd 9 setting TCP_NODELAY
    debug2: fd 9 setting O_NONBLOCK
    debug3: fd 9 is O_NONBLOCK
    debug1: channel 3: new [direct-tcpip]
    channel 3: *open failed: administratively prohibited*:
    debug2: channel 3: zombie
    debug2: channel 3: garbage collecting
    debug1: channel 3: free: direct-tcpip: listening port 63333 for
localhost port 5433, connect from ::1 port 57636 to ::1 port 63333,
nchannels 4
    debug3: channel 3: status: The following connections are open:
      #2 client-session (t4 r0 i0/0 o0/0 fd 6/7 cc -1)

If it matters, the end intent here is actually to use ssh tunneling to
access postgres running on the server with dropbear (usign standard tools,
like pgadmin3, which presumably expect standard tunneling implementations).
The above tunnel attempt was while trying to debug connection failures with
these tools.