> Turns out there is a clash between a Guice method interceptor and the
> JsonView annotation. I hadn't shown the annotation above as didn't think it
> was relevant.

   @GET @Path("events")
   @JsonView(Events.PresentationView.class)
   @Produces(MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON)
   @Metrics
   public Events getEvents() throws JsonProcessingException {

        Events events = eventsWebService.getAllEvents();
       LOG.debug("JSON: {}", objectMapper.writerWithView(Events.
PresentationView.class).writeValueAsString(events));

        return events;
   }

Guice overrides the method and the annotations are lost. Hence the JsonView
annotation is not picked nor applied.

See here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39454014/dropwizard-jersey-resource-jsonview-and-annotated-guice-method-interceptor