Hi guys,

I'm trying to change the behavior of our application when it receives a
malformed request. Our setup is that we have a tool that sends a stream of
requests to a server without really parsing the request or the response.
And it reuses connections till they are closed by the server. We do this
for testing our application using canned request traffic. But what's
happening is that once a bad request gets in this stream, all subsequent
requests on that stream are hosed. The bad request has an incorrect
Content-Length (maybe the request was captured incorrectly). Since the tool
just streams requests, the server always has more data to read off the
connection and the incorrect Content-Length means the server fails to
correctly identify the start of the next and all subsequent requests on
that connection.

Ideally we should fix the tool, but to be defensive, we would like our
application to close connections on all 400 errors. I couldn't find a
configuration option like "closeConnectionOnBadRequest" and couldn't find a
programmatic way as well. Installing a custom ErrorHandler in the
ApplicationContext did not work.

Please help. Thanks in advance!
- Manjesh