Hi!

I am trying to shoehorn in Dropwizard in a context where I don't have
full control over the configurations.

My current issue is that I get a property file with ports and a
directory where the logs should be written. Reading the property file
and configure port in main() is doable.

Logging was harder. I haven't been able to find a small example where
the logging is configured. My current idea is that I should prepare a
file logger with good values, specifically use the directory where the
logs should be written, the first thing I do in my main class. That is
setup the logging system programmatically.

A test in the Dropwizard source code would be ultimate, but I haven't
found any yet.

Does anyone have a minimal example to share on how to do this? I would
prefer an example where everything is set without a configuration.yaml
file as I'm sure I can't inject my property into it.

Cheers,
Thomas

--
Thomas Sundberg