Hello,

we migrated our servlet based application to dropwizard and would like to
thank the community for this project and ongoing progress!

I probably made something stupid in the maven config or something. Running
the shaded jar works fine, but when executing integration tests I get this
warning:

SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
SLF4J: Found binding in
[jar:file:/graphhopper/web/target/graphhopper-web-0.11-SNAPSHOT.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: Found binding in
[jar:file:/home/user/.m2/repository/ch/qos/logback/logback-classic/1.2.3/logback-classic-1.2.3.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.
SLF4J: Actual binding is of type
[ch.qos.logback.classic.util.ContextSelectorStaticBinder]
INFO  [2018-04-08 18:44:27,653] org.eclipse.jetty.util.log: Logging initialized
@1090ms to org.eclipse.jetty.util.log.Slf4jLog

Where graphhopper-web-0.11-SNAPSHOT.jar is the shaded jar with dropwizard
(with logback).

This usually means <https://stackoverflow.com/q/12494420/194609> that more
than one slf4j binding is on the classpath but I could reject this theory
and only slf4j-api is there, plus the logback dependency for dropwizard. I
also have analyzed the dependency graph with Netbeans and

mvn dependency:tree -Dverbose -Dincludes=org.slf4j

(see output here
<https://gist.github.com/karussell/f0b1bb284df5b0041c47ca5b980866d9>) but
couldn't find something problematic.

*Can it be that the shaded jar (with logback) is somehow put into the
classpath with the other jars (including logback) for mvn clean install?
How could I avoid this?*

Reproduce it via:

git clone https://github.com/graphhopper/graphhopper
cd web
mvn clean install

See this issue <https://github.com/graphhopper/graphhopper/issues/1328> and
this
stackoverflow question <https://stackoverflow.com/q/49782932/194609> with a
working answer but one that I do not fully understand.

Regards

Peter