Hi Vinicius,

You are correct, the documentation here is a bit misleading. It should state that "any setting currently available in the build.properties will be inherited to the dspace.cfg". However, new settings are not auto-copied over (and you'd need to modify the dspace.cfg to inherit them in from build.properties).

I'll correct the language of the documentation for DSpace 4.x and 5.x.

As a note, this issue will be fixed in DSpace 6.0, as we are migrating DSpace to an "Enhanced Configuration Scheme" which replaces the old "build.properties" file with a new "local.cfg". In the upcoming local.cfg file, you will be able to add any settings you want to it (even new ones) and they will automatically override the default settings in any other configuration file (dspace.cfg or any under /config/modules/*.cfg). If anyone is interested in that work, it's ongoing and documented at: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Enhanced+Configuration+Scheme

- Tim

On 1/28/2016 10:13 AM, Vinicius Assef wrote:
Thank you both Monika and Hilton.

I mixed your advices. I was running mvn without the `clean` arg, Hilton.
I also configured dspace/config/dspace.cfg to match my locales.

But I still don't understood that section in documentation about every
setting in build.properties being copied into dspace.cfg. Actually it
doesn't work this way.

Wouldn't it be better to fix the docs? It leads newbies like me to
misunderstanding.

--
Vinicius.



On 28 January 2016 at 12:39, Monika C. Mevenkamp <[email protected]> wrote:
if you always want to build with the same language setting just edit  
YOUR_SRC_DIRECTORY/dspace/config/dspace.cfg
look for the section with the comment  ### i18n -  Locales / Language ####
and set the configuration

if you want to driver this from the build.properties file do:

make sure that there is a line that reads
         webui.supported.locales = ${webui.supported.locales}
in   YOUR_SRC_DIRECTORY/dspace/config/dspace.cfg
i think the distributed file has only a comment about webui.supported.locales 
in dspace.cfg

it sounds like you already put a definition into your build.properties (e.g. 
german, english)
         <webui.supported.locales>de,en</webui.supported.locales>

Hope that helps

Monika


—
Monika Mevenkamp
Digital Repository Infrastructure Developer
Princeton University
Phone: 609-258-4161
Skype: mo-meven

On Jan 28, 2016, at 9:06 AM, Vinicius Assef <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi there.

I have DSpace 4.3 installed with default locale (en). We use the jspui
interface.

I got Brazilian Portuguese translation from the "API & JSPUI Language
Packs" [1] project and followed instructions about L10N [2]
configuration.

I also followed instructions about settings in build.properties in
"The build.properties Configuration Properties File" [3] section
because there says that "Any properties set in this build.properties
file will be automatically copied over to your final dspace.cfg file
as part of the Maven build process."

So, after adding the webui.supported.locales and default.locale to the
build.properties file, I run `mvn package`, but these configs weren't
copied to dspace.cfg.

To solve this problem I edited dspace.cfg directly and run `ant
update` again and everything is working fine now.

Anyone knows what I've missed about the `mvn package` thing?

Thanks in advance.


[1] https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-api-lang
[2] https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC4x/Localization+L10n
[3] 
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC4x/Configuration+Reference#ConfigurationReference-Thebuild.propertiesConfigurationPropertiesFile

--
Vinicius.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DSpace 
Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/dspace-community.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
Tim Donohue
Technical Lead for DSpace & DSpaceDirect
DuraSpace.org | DSpace.org | DSpaceDirect.org

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DSpace 
Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/dspace-community.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to