Your custom field is probably not being indexed for search by SOLR. 

This guide is about modifying search fields in DSpace: 
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Modify+search+fields

Apparently, you have to add the field you want to index to dspace.cfg, 
rebuild and then reindex.

I created a custom metadata schema and field to test this (example.test) 
and it worked just fine. 
You may also want to take a look to the Discovery default settings 
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC5x/Discovery#Discovery-Defaultsettings.

I'm just another new community member, so feel free to correct me if this 
is wrong.

El sábado, 16 de abril de 2016, 21:56:25 (UTC-3), Kristy escribió:
>
> I'm a DSpace newbie and I'm having some difficulty with creating a 
> metadata schema. I would like to create my own IPTC schema and did so by 
> clicking Metadata under Registries and then choosing to create my own 
> schema. I added new fields and then added these fields to one of my 
> submissions. Unfortunately, it isn't searchable. So if my IPTC title is 
> "Cat Picture", searching for cat and/or picture turns up nothing. I am not 
> sure what I've done wrong. Any advice?
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"DSpace Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/dspace-community.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to