Digital Initiatives Librarian
Job Code 669DSP
William Paterson University invites applications for a twelve month
tenure-track library faculty position of Digital Initiatives Librarian with
a rank of Librarian 3. Reporting to the Head of Library Information
Systems, the Digital Initiatives Librarian will:
• Plan, develop and provide leadership for an institutional repository
by reviewing existing library practices and analyzing needs and
establishing policies and best practices for the long-term protection and
access to digital materials. Digital collections formats includes text,
image, audio-visual resources, and research data sets.
• Collaborate and coordinate in planning, creating, and managing digital
• Implement quality control procedures.
• Identify and collaborate with technical partners within the library,
campus and consortial communities.
• Participate in divisional and departmental planning projects, as well
as the User Education and Liaison programs. Service on Library,
University, regional and national committees is expected, as appropriate.
• ALA-accredited MLS, or equivalent is required for appointment.
Completion of a second Masters degree is required for tenure.
• At least one year of demonstrated experience in organizing/managing an
institutional repository, managing digital preservation projects, and
• Excellent oral, written communication, interpersonal skills and a
strong commitment to service and professional development.
Preferred Experience/Knowledge of:
• Digital image file formats, file format conversion and image editing
• Developing web applications with at least one programming language and
• Experience with grant planning, research, and writing.
William Paterson University is a public institution of higher learning. The
University offers more than 250 undergraduate and graduate academic
programs which range from liberal arts and sciences to pre-professional and
professional programs; it enrolls nearly 11,500 students from across the
country and from over 40 nations. The University is situated on a
beautiful, 370 acres suburban campus in Wayne, New Jersey, just twenty
miles west of New York City. Information about the benefits provided to
WPUNJ faculty can be found at:
The link to the Union agreement can be found at:
Candidates should submit a letter of application, CV, and contact
information for three (3) professional references to Pamela Vovchuk at
librarysea...@wpunj.edu or via mail to her at William Paterson University,
300 Pompton Road, Cheng Library, Wayne, NJ 07470. Electronic submission
preferred. Must reference Job Code in letter of application. Review of
applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
For additional information about the University visit www.wpunj.edu.
William Paterson University is an equal opportunity employer that actively
values and supports diversity among faculty, staff and students. Women,
minorities, and members of under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"DSpace Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/dspace-community.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.