*** Please excuse cross-posting ***
The ALCTS CaMMS Cataloging Norms Interest Group (CNIG) seeks speakers to
present at the ALA Midwinter Conference to be held in Atlanta on Saturday,
January 21st, 2017, 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM.
The Cataloging Norms Interest Group offers a forum for the exploration,
communication, and exchange of ideas and best practices on the dynamics of
cataloging/metadata norms and workflows in the hybrid environment.
Presentation topics should be of current interest to catalogers, cataloguing
managers and administrators, and be approximately 15-20 minutes in length.
Additional time will be allowed for questions and discussion.
This year's theme is "Best Practices for Digital Repositories" and
potential topics may include (but are not limited to):
· Metadata application in digital repositories;
· Archiving, curating and preserving special and cultural heritage
· Linked data implementation in or related to digital repositories;
· Research data, datasets and digital repositories;
· Data and text mining related to digital repositories;
· Implementing guidelines and standards for digital repositories;
· Support open data and open scholarship using digital repositories;
· Assessment of content and impact in digital repositories;
· Use metadata and data to improve digital repository services.
Please email proposal abstracts to co-chairs Jessalyn Zoom (*j...@loc.gov*
<j...@loc.gov>) and Sai Deng (*sai.d...@ucf.edu* <sai.d...@ucf.edu>) by
Friday, November 11th, 2016.
If you have questions, please contact us. We look forward to hearing from
*ALCTS* *CaMMS* *Cataloging* *Norms* *Interest* *Group*
Sai Deng and Jessalyn Zoom, Co-Chairs
Elizabeth Bridges and Debra Skinner, Co-Vice Chairs
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"DSpace Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/dspace-community.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.