Hi Alston,

Those criteria are mostly orthogonal to the software used. I would say
that DSpace won't get in the way of these goals (unlike some
commercial hosted solutions). I would argue that it's well architected
to facilitate preservation goals. The technical aspects of
accomplishing them mostly requires general Linux administration
knowledge (as opposed to a high level of application specific
knowledge). However something like identifying when a file format is
obsolete and what format to convert to will require human
intervention.

Regards,

Tom