Hello,

As of DSpace 5, after an upgrade occurs, a Solr re-index is automatically
triggered whenever you start up your servlet container (e.g. Tomcat or
JBoss).  So, this is normal behavior. However, if you'd like to skip this
process, you can simply delete the following temporary file:
[dspace]/solr/search/conf/reindex.flag

That "reindex.flag" file is an empty file that is created during the
upgrade process whenever a Reindex is needed.  You can safely remove it and
perform the reindex manually at a later time ([dspace]/bin/dspace discovery
-b).

Much more info on this is in the Upgrade documentation at
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC5x/Upgrading+DSpace  (See step #10:
"Upgrade your Database" which talks about how a database upgrade can
trigger a reindex of your site)

Tim

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 7:29 AM monu arora <monuarora1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have issue in dspace 5.6 when i restart jboss eap6 it is automatically
> starting the solr index every time and it is taking time because we have
> more than 6 lakh data. so please if anyone have solution then help me.
>
> thanks
>
> --

Tim Donohue
Technical Lead for DSpace & DSpaceDirect
DuraSpace.org | DSpace.org | DSpaceDirect.org