Hello.

We are using Dspace version 5 and I am trying to add a rather large (> 20GB)
bitstream to an existing item.

The webui fails due to time-out and other problems so I thought I would use the
command line as described here:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC5x/Updating+Items+via+Simple+Archive+Format

However, when I run this command:

[dspace]/bin/dspace itemupdate -e [userEmail] -s [location of the file to
upload] -A -i [identifier for the item in the repository]

I get the following response:

Add bitstreams
Actions to be performed:
    org.dspace.app.itemupdate.AddBitstreamsAction
ItemUpdate - initializing run on Thu May 17 15:08:19 EDT 2018

Done processing.  Successful items: 0 of 0 items in source archive

End.

Does anyone know whether the location of the file to upload (identified by the
–s switch) requires a Dublin_core.xml file and/or a contents file to be present
as well as the bitstream itself?

I am not altering the metadata but simply adding a file to the item.

Any other tips on using itemupdate from the command line for adding a single
file?

Thanks in advance

Alvin

Alvin Hutchinson