Hello Isabelle,

We use Dublin Core, ETD-MS, CSDGM and TRIDAS metadata schemas in our
repository. All the schemas are indicated, with their namespaces, in the
Metadata Registry. Our submission and display forms combine Dublin Core
with elements from the other schemas, when that is appropriate.

I don't know how this really works on the technical side since I'm not a
developer, but from my perspective as a repository manager, this works
really well. It allows us to display information needed for specific types
of content according to standards; for example, using ETD-MS to describe
the degree level for theses and dissertations, or CSDGM to describe
bounding coordinates for geospatial materials.

We're in conversations with a campus partner about learning objects, so we
may soon be using LOM as well.

The DSpace Tech group may be able to provide more technical information
about how all this works behind-the-scenes.

Sincerely,

Kimberly Chapman
Director, Campus Repository Services
Office of Digital Innovation & Stewardship
University of Arizona Libraries
kimberlychap...@email.arizona.edu
520-349-7864