Hello DSpace Community,

The State University of New York--64 campuses--use ExLibris's Alma/Primo
VE. Alma has a method to import digital collections from the major players
in repositories, including, of course, DSpace.

We have been working to import collections from DSpace so they are
discoverable in Primo VE, but we have not found a way to get the
dc.date.issued to display in the item records. No matter what we have
tried, dc.date.accessioned is the displayed field. As with other Dublin
Core fields, precedence is given to alphabetical order, and unfortunately
the field we want is at the bottom of the list.

Has anyone out there successfully imported DSpace collections into Alma
with dc.date.issued being displayed in the item record?

We have tried normalization rules, regex, and the sorting function in the
import profiles, and none have made any difference in the result.

Many thanks for your kind attention.
Yvonne Kester
SUNY Library Services