Dear DSpace Community,

I’m pleased to share the news that we have successfully completed the first 
phase of the CST Interoperability Project 
<https://lyrasisorghome.github.io/InteroperabilityProject/>. We have 
developed 6 technical specifications for interoperability features or 
solutions for the 5 Community Supported Technologies (CSTs) in the Lyrasis 
Organizational Home: ArchivesSpace, CollectionSpace, DSpace, Fedora and 
VIVO.

Please see Jess Farrell’s blog post 
<https://lyrasisorghome.github.io/InteroperabilityProject/Project%20Updates/2026-9-03-projectupdate/>
 
for full details on what has been specified and the process that was 
followed. I’m so grateful to Jess and her teammate, Ryan Morrison-Westphal, 
for their excellent work on this ambitious project.

As you may recall, the development of these community-informed 
specifications is just the first phase of the project that has been funded 
by the Lyrasis CST Growth Fund. The next phase, taking place between now 
and the end of June, 2028, will be to implement the solutions that have 
been specified. Once implemented, and where applicable, Lyrasis will submit 
corresponding code to the communities for their review and possible 
acceptance into the core codebases.  Not all of the solutions involve 
updates to each of the applications, as, where possible, they take 
advantage of already existing APIs and features.  

Here’s a quick summary of the specifications, their core user stories and 
the benefitting communities.

Specification: Integration Scenario Registry 
<https://github.com/lyrasisorghome/InteroperabilityProject/blob/main/specs/TechSpec_F1_Integration_Scenario_Registry.pdf>

User Story: My institution has adopted or is considering adopting [ 
application name ]. I would like to know how to integrate it with [other 
application(s)].

Community Impact: Fedora, DSpace, VIVO, ArchivesSpace, CollectionSpace

Specification: VIVO SWORD Deposit 
<https://github.com/lyrasisorghome/InteroperabilityProject/blob/main/specs/TechSpec_V1_VIVO-SWORD-Deposit.pdf>

User Story: As a VIVO user, when I add a publication to my VIVO profile I 
want to deposit the publication in my institutional repository and link to 
it from my VIVO profile.

Community Impact: VIVO and DSpace

Specification: ArchivesSpace SWORD Deposit 
<https://github.com/lyrasisorghome/InteroperabilityProject/blob/main/specs/TechSpec_A3-4_SWORD_Deposit_from_ArchivesSpace.pdf>
 

User Story: As an ArchivesSpace User, I want to deposit a file or folder of 
files into an institutional repository, digital library, or preservation 
system and link to it in a new ArchivesSpace digital object record(s).

Community Impact: ArchivesSpace and DSpace

Specification: ArchivesSpace<>DSpace Digital Object Linking 
<https://github.com/lyrasisorghome/InteroperabilityProject/blob/main/specs/TechSpec_A1-2_Bidirectional_Linking_ArchivesSpace-DSpace.pdf>

User Story: As an ArchivesSpace User, when I am editing an Archival Object 
or Resource in ArchivesSpace, I want to search for an item or a collection 
of related items in DSpace and add their link(s) to corresponding 
ArchivesSpace digital object record(s).

Community Impact: ArchivesSpace and DSpace

Specification: OAI-PMH for CollectionSpace 
<https://github.com/lyrasisorghome/InteroperabilityProject/blob/main/specs/TechSpec_C1_CollectionSpace-OAI-PMH.pdf>

User Story: As an administrator of CollectionSpace I would like to make my 
CollectionSpace records and digital content available to my institution’s 
OAI-PMH compliant discovery system.

Community Impact: CollectionSpace

Specification: Shared Discovery for CollectionSpace and ArchivesSpace 
<https://github.com/lyrasisorghome/InteroperabilityProject/blob/main/specs/TechSpec_C3_CSpace_ASpace_Shared_Discovery.pdf>

User Story: As an administrator of both CollectionSpace and ArchivesSpace, 
I want to offer a single search interface for data from both so that users 
can search for more historical collections in one place. As a user of a 
shared discovery platform containing records from both CollectionSpace and 
ArchivesSpace, I want to conduct a search and bring up relevant records 
from each.

Community Impact: CollectionSpace and ArchivesSpace

I expect to issue RFPs this fall for at least the two SWORD Deposit 
specifications and the ArchivesSpace/DSpace Digital Object Linking, so stay 
tuned!

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.

Best,

Bridget

-- 
All messages to this mailing list should adhere to the Code of Conduct: 
https://lyrasis.org/code-of-conduct/
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"DSpace Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dspace-community/4546508a-917a-41c2-9a06-f9e35ed48d7dn%40googlegroups.com.

Reply via email to