Can we think of a way to rework this so that it is a little more clear
to site admin.s that when it says "contact us" that means someone
should contact *them*?  Of course we're a community and available to
help the site admin., but I'd like to find some way to give more
people the idea that, as admin., when someone shows you this message
your first response is to follow the troubleshooting guide, and *then*
bring us what you've found if you need help.

I sometimes get the feeling that admin.s interpret this message as
"this is too deep for you -- ask for help now."

I've often thought that the message should say something like:

  DSpace has suffered an internal error.  Try again.  If the problem
  persists, please report this message to your DSpace administrators,
  together with the precise time that you received it and what you
  had asked DSpace to do when it happened.  Details are important.

  If you *are* your DSpace administrator, please consult the
  troubleshooting guide.  [reference]  If the cause of the problem is
  not clear, then please bring your findings to the DSpace community
  as explained in the guide.  We're here to help!

--
Mark H. Wood
Lead Technology Analyst

University Library