Hi Developers/Committers/All,

Tim Donohue is out this week, and I will be leading the #duraspace IRC
meeting tomorrow ( Weds, April 28) at 20:00 UTC.

The main goal will be to figure out how we might improve our documentation
process, solving any blockers for 1.6.1, as well as catch up with some new
JIRA bugs since last time.
 Developers Meeting on Weds, April 28, 2010  Agenda

   - Announcements
      - GSoC selections announced.
      - Changes to Documentation Workflow (Mark Diggory)
         - Using Confluence as the Documentation System. Requires a process
         for cleanup and markup effort to target pages for inclusion
in "the docs",
         and to keep content from getting stale, outdated, misleading.
      - DSpace 1.6.1 (Kim Shepherd)
      - DC-Date related bugs – values out of the range and date format
      inconsistencies.
      - Update and other bugs that need more eyes
      - 1.6.1 Open Issues: 1.6.1 Version in
JIRA<http://jira.dspace.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=10020&fixfor=10030>
   - JIRA Catch-Up <http://confluence/display/DSPACE/JIRA+Cleanup+Sessions> –
   starting with issue DS-517 (and getting as far as we can).
      - Search for recent JIRA
Issues<http://jira.dspace.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=10020&resolution=-1&created%3Aprevious=-8w&status=1&assigneeSelect=&sorter/field=created&sorter/order=ASC>

== Homework ==
Here's some good reading for everyone to catch up on before the meeting
about DCDates.
(discussion between Kim Shepherd and Robin Taylor)

Yep, the same thoughts have been occurring to me.. DCDate has changed so
much since 1.5, perhaps it's work linking all the date-related bugs together
in JIRA, going back through the DCDate.java changeset since 1.5.0 (or 1.5.1)
and see if we can come up with some core problems. Most of them are related
to the Authority Control and Embargo additions in 1.6.0.

I think rewriting/fixing DCDate should basically be the highest thing on the
1.6.1 agenda, so hopefully we'll get some time to review all the DCDate bugs
(and the changesets if we have time) and get feedback from everyone else.

Here are the list of DCDate-related bugs I know about:

http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-401
The GregorianCalender overflow when DAY_OF_MONTH is greater than the max
number of days in that month
My solution: utilise GregorianCalender.getActualMaximum(field) to help
validate date fields. I had one prototype patch but I somehow implemented it
badly. Going back to the drawing board but still pretty keen on using that
method to validate.

http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-497
Unknown day/month values turn into 1/1 in DescribeStep
Robin's solution looks good to me though I haven't quite had a chance to
test it yet

http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-553
http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-554
Claudia just logged these two bugs which are related to inconsistency of
date format depending on the submission method and granularity used. I
haven't had time to check them out properly yet.

== Notes ==
This agenda is also available on the Developer meetings page:
http://wiki.dspace.org/confluence/display/DSPACE/Developer+Meetings
http://wiki.dspace.org/confluence/display/DSPACE/DevMtg+2010-04-28

As always, all our meetings are public.  We welcome any developers or
non-developers to attend or just read along with the chat discussions.

If you are unable to attend, you can always add your own notes/thoughts
on any agenda item to the above wiki page.

To determine your local time, check the world clock:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=20&min=0&sec=0&p1=0

Peter Dietz
Systems Developer/Engineer
Ohio State University Libraries