And per

> (1) We would slowly work to replace our existing license headers with
> this new standard license header.  (Or, if possible, do a giant bulk
> replace of our existing headers for the 1.7.0 release)

The license:format plugin in the dspace-pom will facilitate this batch across
the entire project. This is how all the projects under "modules" should
probably always be configured... it automates all licensing header inclusion.

> (2) We would move our current DSpace LICENSE file to our root of our
> source tree, and add a corresponding NOTICE file which details the
> latest DSpace copyright info  (and update Maven references as needed)

Theres already one that Brad and I worked on here:
http://scm.dspace.org/svn/repo/licenses/

Your free to adjust as the organization sees fit.

> (3) I would work to get our DSpace license & copyright info also
> displayed publicly at 'http://dspace.org/license/' (as that URL
> currently doesn't exist)

Sounds good...

Mark