A brief comment below

On 5/12/2011 8:55 AM, Mark H. Wood wrote:
> I think I hear a disagreement about who the installation docs are for.
> Are they for new users, and people who need more control are on their
> own?  Or are they for people looking to fit DSpace more neatly into
> their operation, while new users are protected by a wizard from having
> to know so much?
>
> Maybe we need two:  Installation Guide (just gets you a working
> DSpace) and Installation Reference (with all the knobs exposed and
> thoroughly discussed).

I like what Mark W has done below with a "form" to prepare you for
installation.  We should mock this up somewhere on the Wiki and make it
a part of our official docs.

I also agree with what others have said around figuring out who our
install docs are written for. I like Mark W's suggestion of possibly
creating two main ones -- ideally with two different audiences: (1) a
Novice User (never touched DSpace before, so more step by step) and (2)
a System Admin Reference (as Mark says with all "knobs" exposed & discussed.