Hi Michael.

I've never actually solved that part of development. So I end up creating a
folder/symlink with that exact parameter looking string, and store my
Dspace. Cfg  in there. ${dspace.dir}

Not ideal, but it let's me keep on going.

Lately, instead of using IDE assisted debugging with breakpoints and
variable inspection, I just have a script named respace that rebuilds
Dspace. My computer is fast enough that rebuilding is only a minute so it's
become tolerable. It probably helps that I've already lived an entire
lifetime in the debugger, and know all of the Dspace classes and variables.

Good luck