Our instances are on boxes that have been running as-is since 2008, thus
Tomcat 5.5. I'm fine with the future DSpace release to migrate to the next
standard servlet version.

We're in the process of infrastructure migration, so us moving to the
latest tomcat would be our plan too.

So, +1 with kicking out old tomcat dependencies.

Peter Dietz