Hi All,

If you happen to be living on master branch, we've merged in @Mire/Kevin's
MetadataForAll PR. https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/654

So, you'll see some new output in your build (ant step), update_registries:
https://gist.github.com/peterdietz/15e573a83bb33d667151

Also, there are a lot of new database tables, so you'll need to run your DB
upgrade step. Here's the schema change:
https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/654/files#diff-d8e63cb1eda0c1fdf876c03785e9713dR17

Of note would be that if you happen to use the same database for DSpace4
development, as for DSpace5 development, and switch back and forth. This is
kind of that significant change that will require you to have a separate DB
for each.

I've just updated my local development machine, and so far so good. The
main change with this is that instead of model specific metadata living in
that model's table. i.e. collection.name, it now lives in metadatavalue,
with resource_type_id = 3 resource_id = collection.id, and metadata_field =
field-value-for-dc-title (64 or something). You get the idea.

Also, theoretically if you wanted to start adding collection specific
metadata, such as collection.metadata['dc.date.issued'] = 2014-09-26, you
would just need to be altering UI's to be able to set that anything fields.

Also reminder: DSpace 5 Feature PR cutoff date is Oct 6th. In my timezone,
thats 11 days from now. So, contribute early, and help review our backlog
of PR's. There's 83...

Peter Dietz
Longsight
www.longsight.com