On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 05:51:11PM +0000, Mark Diggory wrote:
> Seems sensible, what would be ideal is if we could arrive at some sort of
> language for the field that would allow for matching on other criteria.
>
> Some days I wonder why this isn't just in the cocoon sitemap, xmlui.xconf
> is very limiting and unwieldy. Alternatively, making the matcher into
> Service and giving it a spring based configuration with matching rules
> would also be extremely extensible without needing special "xmlui.xconf
> parsing code" that you'd need to extend/alter to create your own config
> attributes.

I like that.  Do you have a moment to write it up in Jira?

Often I have forgotten that this is the one piece of XMLUI
configuration that requires a restart, while changes to the sitemap
will be noticed on the fly.  Tucking this into the sitemap would
remove a source of small perplexities for developers.

--
Mark H. Wood
Lead Technology Analyst

University Library