Hi Developers,

As an FYI, in case anyone is still utilizing it, the DSpace LNI module
(Lightweight Networking Interface) will be refactored out of the
upcoming DSpace 6.0 release.

If you are unfamiliar with LNI, it's an older, WebDAV based interface
for DSpace.  While it has been in the codebase for some time, it hasn't
received as much attention these days. (In more recent releases of
DSpace, we recommend using the REST API or SWORD instead of LNI.)

https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/LightweightNetworkInterface

As part of the upcoming DSpace 6.0 API refactor (for the Services-based
API), we are taking this opportunity to remove LNI from out-of-the-box
DSpace.  This has been the plan for some time, but we are finally now
getting to it.  Here's the ticket that describes what will happen:

https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2124

If you or your institution is still using LNI, we will still be making
the code available via a separate GitHub Project (DSpace/dspace-lni).
However, at this time, we have no plans to update LNI to work with the
refactored DSpace 6.0 API (so it will only continue to work for DSpace
5.x or below).  If you depend on LNI and want to see it still work
against DSpace 6.0, please get in touch, and perhaps we can give you or
your institution direct commit rights on the new LNI GitHub Project.

As always, let us know if you have any questions by posting to this
thread on the list.

- Tim

--
Tim Donohue
Technical Lead for DSpace & DSpaceDirect