On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 03:29:46PM +0530, Nikhil George wrote:
> Thank you very much for the response.
>
> Did u do up gradation from 1.3 to 1.6 or between some other later
> versions..?
>
> I was also thinking the about the same procedure...but some where where i
> read we can't jump directly form 1.3 to 1.6...
>
> It says that there 'll be some problem like index un matching and so we have
> to go up each version that is from 1.3 to 1.4, 1.4 to 1.5, 1.5 to 1.6.

The documentation for 1.6 includes upgrade procedures from each
previous version to the next one.  As it says near the top, you need
to start with (in your case) 1.3 and carry out the database and
configuration upgrade steps for each version between there and 1.6.2.
You do *not* have to install each version; you only need to ensure
that the database schema and configuration will match the version you
want to end up with, and that must be done incrementally.

  http://www.dspace.org/1_6_2Documentation/ch04.html

I haven't gone from 1.3 to 1.6.2 directly, but I have skipped versions
in the past.  I found it helpful to read through the instructions for
each version upgrade and write out a combined procedure as I read,
then do what I had written.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mw...@iupui.edu
Asking whether markets are efficient is like asking whether people are smart.