Dear DSpace Community,

The DSpace Committers Team is delighted to announce a new member to the group:
Ivan Masár, also known as "helix84". Please join us in welcoming him!

Many of you will immediately recognize Ivan's pseudonym "helix84". As helix84,
Ivan has been a very active participant on our mailing lists, frequently
answering questions and offering his expertise and advice to all community
members. In recent months, Ivan has also been active in helping to resolve
outstanding bugs and sharing his brainstorms/opinions in our weekly DSpace
developer meetings.

Ivan has been working on DSpace since version 1.5, mainly interested in the
XMLUI interface. His first contribution to DSpace was a translation. He's been
maintaining two production repositories and over time gained practical
experience which he gladly shares by improving documentation and answering
questions of other users on the mailing lists. He has also submitted several
patches back to DSpace based on his local repository customizations and
improvements.

Ivan comments on his contributions: "I don't consider myself a Java programmer
by any means, but there are still many other areas where I can help out. I'm
quite fond of XMLUI, because it allows users trying to customize DSpace great
flexibility, so if someone asks this kind of question, I'm usually able to
help. I'm also trying to help out by testing patches in Jira and giving
feedback - all users who care about features in the next version should really
get more involved in this."

Ivan comments on his invitation to become a Committer: "I was quite surprised
at first, because I didn't know I was nominated. I appreciate the trust of
other committers. I don't think this will change what areas I'm involved in,
for example it won't improve my Java-fu overnight, but it might speed up
getting my patches in and I'll review other patches from Jira. I already have
some ideas for minor XMLUI improvements in mind."

We are always on the lookout for new developers, contributors, and committers
within the DSpace community. Anyone who would like to get more involved is
encouraged to do so. You are also welcome to contact us at any time if you'd
like some ideas of how to start contributing:

- https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DSpaceContributors

Contributions can take many forms, from writing code to editing documentation,
or testing new releases to designing new themes for our user interfaces.

If you or someone you know has been an active DSpace contributor for some time,
you can also nominate that person to become our next Committer! Nomination
details are available at:

- https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Committer+Nominations

Welcome Ivan (aka helix84)!

Sincerely,