On Tue, Dec 03, 2013 at 03:45:31PM -0600, Martin Courtois wrote:
> I'd be interested to hear from current DuraCloud users on how you're
> scheduling backups.  Are you using the Automatic Sync Changes feature to
> backup changes as they happen, or are you running an entire backup on a
> regular basis?  Maybe a combination of the two?

We're doing daily differential backups:  a cron job exports AIPs for
any objects that have changed since the last successful backup, and
then sync.s those up to DuraCloud in a single pass.  The script writes
a timestamp file if nothing went wrong, and uses it (plus a little
overlap added) as the starting point for the next run.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mw...@iupui.edu
Machines should not be friendly.  Machines should be obedient.