Thanks, Hilton; unfortunately not relevant as Arthur pointed out: the
wildcard admin tool only works at the item/bitstream level.

Sean

On 18 May 2016 at 13:41, Hilton Gibson <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Sean,
>
> I recently made some videos, see;
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jopOjr2ZblA
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWTWpUDyBg4
>
> Perhaps they can help.
>
> Cheers
>
> hg
>
> *Hilton Gibson*
> Stellenbosch University Library
> *http://orcid.org/0000-0002-2992-208X
> <http://orcid.org/0000-0002-2992-208X>*
>
>
> On 18 May 2016 at 13:22, Sean Carte <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Thanks, Arthur; that makes sense.
>>
>> Sean
>>
>> On 18 May 2016 at 13:07, Arthur Smith <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Sean
>>>
>>> I believe the wildcard admin tool only works on the individual
>>> item/bitstream level, it doesn't allow you to change a
>>> collection's/community's permissions.
>>>
>>> Note also that if you choose to remove permissions, in my experience at
>>> least, this will remove *all* permissions from an item/bitstream within
>>> a collection.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Arthur
>>>
>>>
>>> On 18/05/2016 11:53, Sean Carte wrote:
>>>
>>> Am I correct in thinking I can use the wildcard policy admin tool to
>>> add/remove a group's permission to add items to a set of collections?
>>>
>>> For example, I have a group of epersons named Step2; I want to give them
>>> permissions to archive items, that is, approve items in the collection step
>>> 2 phase so that the items appear in the collection.
>>>
>>> So I go to the wildcard policy admin tool and make the following
>>> selections:
>>>
>>> Group: Step2
>>> Action: Add
>>> Content Type: item
>>> Collection: (I select all collections)
>>>
>>> and click Add policies.
>>>
>>> From the logs I can see items being updated, but when I go to a
>>> collection's authorisations, and look at the workflow step 2 (e.g.
>>> COLLECTION_9_WORKFLOW_STEP_2), the group I expected to appear in the
>>> Members is not there. No new policy has been added to the list of policies
>>> either.
>>>
>>> Have I misunderstood the purpose of the wildcard policy admin tool, or
>>> am I just doing something wrong?
>>>
>>> Sean
>>> --
>>>
>>> --
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>> Groups "DSpace Technical Support" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>>> an email to [email protected].
>>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/dspace-tech.
>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>> Groups "DSpace Technical Support" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>>> an email to [email protected].
>>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/dspace-tech.
>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "DSpace Technical Support" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
>> email to [email protected].
>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/dspace-tech.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>
>
>


--

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"DSpace Technical Support" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/dspace-tech.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to