Alex,

Glad to hear it worked! Yes, you are correct, I mistyped that command in my response. The correct command *is*

./dspace database repair

We'll have to look into whether this command needs to be run for anyone who wants to later enable XML Configurable Workflow.

- Tim


On 5/18/2016 7:36 AM, Alex Fletcher wrote:
Tim:

Thanks, that worked, though the actual command I needed was:

./dspace database repair

Once that was run, I ran the "database migrate" command by hand, and it worked well with no complaints, and it's back online now.

On this -dev machine, we built the DB from scratch on a 5.2 install (we've bumped through 5.3, 5.4, and now onto 5.5). We have decided to use the configurable workflows, and I enabled them as per the documentation. When I worked through that, restarted/etc, that's when the checksum error (below) occurred.

Alex


On Tuesday, 17 May 2016 17:45:10 UTC-4, Tim Donohue wrote:

    Hi Alex,

    This sounds like you've previously run this migration against the
    database, but the Flyway tool assigned a different "Migration
    Checksum".

    You should be able to get around this by running..

    ./dspace migrate repair

    The "repair" command tells Flyway to ignore the old "checksum" and
    replace it with the newly computed value.

    However, I also wonder how you encountered this scenario.  Did you
    happen to move this database from one server to another (sometimes
    that causes a Flyway checksum mismatch at the DB level)?

    - Tim


    On 5/16/2016 9:55 AM, Alex Fletcher wrote:
    I have been working to add configurable workflows to our test
    DSpace implementation (v5.5). I set up the xmlui.xconf and the
    modules/workflow.cfg file as per the documentation, and then ran
    the tomcat restart which is supposed to migrate the DB automatically.

    When I connect to the DSpace instance, it is a blank page, and
    looking at the log file I see the following:



    2016-05-16 10:37:04,907 ERROR
    org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager @ SQL getDataSource Error -
    java.sql.SQLException: Flyway migration error occurred
            at
    
org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseUtils.updateDatabase(DatabaseUtils.java:430)
            at
    
org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseUtils.updateDatabase(DatabaseUtils.java:338)
            at
    
org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager.initialize(DatabaseManager.java:1373)
            at
    
org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager.getDataSource(DatabaseManager.java:650)
            at
    
org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager.getConnection(DatabaseManager.java:629)
            at org.dspace.core.Context.init(Context.java:121)
            at org.dspace.core.Context.<init>(Context.java:95)
            at
    
org.dspace.app.util.AbstractDSpaceWebapp.register(AbstractDSpaceWebapp.java:79)
            at
    
org.dspace.app.util.DSpaceContextListener.contextInitialized(DSpaceContextListener.java:128)
            at
    
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4973)
            at
    
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5467)
            at
    org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
            at
    
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:901)
            at
    org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:877)
            at
    org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:632)
            at
    org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:672)
            at
    
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDescriptor.run(HostConfig.java:1862)
            at
    java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
            at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
            at
    
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
            at
    
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    Caused by: org.flywaydb.core.api.FlywayException: Validate
    failed. Found differences between applied migrations and
    available migrations: Migration Checksum mismatch for migration
    V1.1__Initial_DSpace_1.1_database_schema.sql: DB=1058944165,
    Classpath=864087011
            at org.flywaydb.core.Flyway.doValidate(Flyway.java:912)
            at org.flywaydb.core.Flyway.access$400(Flyway.java:50)
            at org.flywaydb.core.Flyway$1.execute(Flyway.java:817)
            at org.flywaydb.core.Flyway$1.execute(Flyway.java:811)
            at org.flywaydb.core.Flyway.execute(Flyway.java:1171)
            at org.flywaydb.core.Flyway.migrate(Flyway.java:811)
            at
    
org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseUtils.updateDatabase(DatabaseUtils.java:419)
            ... 21 more


    On a whim, I tried running the migrate by hand and got the same
    error.

    What's gone wrong here and how can we resolve this to continue
    our implementation work?

    Alex
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the
    Google Groups "DSpace Technical Support" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
    send an email to [email protected] <javascript:>.
    To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
    <javascript:>.
    Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/dspace-tech
    <https://groups.google.com/group/dspace-tech>.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout
    <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.

-- Tim Donohue
    Technical Lead for DSpace & DSpaceDirect
    DuraSpace.org | DSpace.org | DSpaceDirect.org

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DSpace Technical Support" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/dspace-tech.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
Tim Donohue
Technical Lead for DSpace & DSpaceDirect
DuraSpace.org | DSpace.org | DSpaceDirect.org

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DSpace 
Technical Support" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/dspace-tech.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to