This is driving me nuts.  I want to change the content of various strings
in the messages.xml file in the xmlui application.  I have edited the
following:

dspace/source/modules/xmlui/target/xmlui-5.5/i18n/messages.xml

Then I repackage with mvn -U clean package
Then redeploy with ant update

All I end up with is the original messages.xml in the webapps/xmlui/i18n
folder.

Obviously, I am editing the wrong source file.  Could someone please tell
me which source messages.xml file I should be editing in order to get my
changes in the build.