The fourth release candidate of 6.0 is now available for download and
testing. 6.0-RC4 (Release Candidate #4) is a pre-release of 6.0, and we
hope that the 6.0 final release will follow closely in its footsteps.

We'd appreciate additional testers to help us verify no additional major
bugs or issues exist in the 6.0 codebase. Over the last few months, our
team of volunteer developers has been diligently resolving known major
issues that stand in the way of a 6.0 final release. We believe the 6.0
release is nearly production-ready, but could use your help in verifying
there's nothing we've overlooked.

   - Download 6.0-RC4:
   - You can also test this pre-release on our Demo site at
   - 6.0 Release Notes are available at:
   - Hints on testing this release are still available on our 6.0 Testathon
   - XMLUI Test Plan:
      - JSPUI Test Plan:
      - A list of remaining 6.0 "known issues" is available at
Assuming our final tests validate the stability of 6.0-RC4, we anticipate
that the 6.0 final release will be made available within the next week or
so (i.e. mid-to-late October).

If you notice any bugs or issues with 6.0-RC4, please report them
immediately to our issue tracker (
As always, we are also available to answer questions on our DSpace Tech
Support list ( or #dspace IRC

Mark H. Wood
Lead Technology Analyst

University Library