Here are 2 things to try:
1. Clear the cocoon cache (Administrative->Control Panel->Java Options) and
see if it helps
2. Restart tomcat

It is possible that the messages file is cached on startup.

Terry

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 3:41 PM, Gary Browne <gary.bro...@sydney.edu.au>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> DSpace 5.5
> XMLUI
> Tomcat 7
> Apache 2.2
> PostGreSQL 9.2
>
> I'm new to the XMLUI. I want to use a new message key in a template. I
> have put the following in [dspace]/webapps/xmlui/i18n/messages.xml:
>
> <message key="xmlui.new.key">NewValue</message>
>
> I have then added the following to [dspace]/webapps/xmlui/themes/
> MyTheme/lib/xsl/core/page-structure.xsl:
>
> <xsl:variable name="myVar"><i18n:text>xmlui.new.key</i18n:text></xsl:
> variable>
> .
> .
> <form ... action="{$myVar}/subdir" ...>
>
> but in the HTML output I just get:
>
> <form ... action="xmlui.new.key/subdir" ...>
>
> (NB: [dspace] is the dspace runtime directory - I'm just trying this stuff
> live so I don't have to go through the recompile while I'm developing this
> small piece of functionality)
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> Gary
>
> --

Terry Brady
Applications Programmer Analyst
Georgetown University Library Information Technology
http://georgetown-university-libraries.github.io/
<https://www.library.georgetown.edu/lit/code>
425-298-5498 (Seattle, WA)