How do you want to access the metadata?  Through SQL or in some XSLT theme
code?

Assuming, want to do this in XMLUI theme code, here is the process.

   - Item: http://demo.dspace.org/xmlui///handle/10673/3
   - Look at the XML for this document:
   http://demo.dspace.org/xmlui/handle/10673/3?XML
   - The url to the collection metadata is here
      - <xsl:variable name="collurl"

select="//dri:referenceSet[@n='collection-viewer']//dri:reference[@type='DSpace
      Collection']/@url"/>
   - If you view source on the following URL, you will see the metadata:
   http://demo.dspace.org/xmlui//metadata/handle/10673/2/mets.xml
   - You can use the cocoon protocol to retrieve the metadata for the
   collection
      - <xsl:variable name="collmeta" select="document(concat('cocoon:',
      $collurl))"/>

There may be a bug in the code above, but this is the general approach to
follow.

Terry

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 5:07 PM, Gary Browne <gary.bro...@sydney.edu.au>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> DSpace 5.5
> XMLUI
> Tomcat 7
> Apache 2.2
> PostGreSQL 9.2
>
> How can I access the collection metadata to use it in a template? For
> example, if I want to display the collection introductory text or copyright
> text elsewhere?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Gary

Terry Brady
Applications Programmer Analyst
Georgetown University Library Information Technology
http://georgetown-university-libraries.github.io/
<https://www.library.georgetown.edu/lit/code>
425-298-5498 (Seattle, WA)